IAFPD Certificate in Coaching (Level 5)
The course is Approved by the British Psychological Society Learning Centre and Recognised by the International Society for Coaching Psychology. It forms part of the Association for Coaching Accredited Advanced Diploma in Coaching programme. These two 5-day intensive or 6-day programmes each have the same aims and objectives but cover the theory and practice of coaching from different perspectives. The courses introduce the traditional GROW model of coaching and cover the cognitive-behavioural Dual Systems and SPACE models. The pre-course reading includes Life Coaching: A Cognitive-Behavioural Approach (Neenan and Dryden). These courses form part of the Centre’s Advanced Certificate and Diploma in Coaching programmes. Successful completion of one of these courses plus 40 hours of coaching practice fulfils the training requirement for eligibility for Associate Membership of the Association for Coaching.
This course is suitable for trainee coaches, managers, personnel staff, management consultants, psychologists, trainers and others interested in learning about coaching and the cognitive behavioural approach.
NB. This Level 5 course is not suitable for experienced coaches or those professionals already accredited in the cognitive behavioural approach.
These programmes provide delegates with an underlying philosophy of coaching together with a range of practical skills required to be able to undertake coaching with individuals. The main approach is cognitive behavioural.
• be able to define coaching
• understand the difference between coaching and counselling
• become knowledgeable about types of clients and their problems
• become knowledgeable about the cognitive behavioural approach
• understand the concept of the life audit and how to structure initial meetings
• develop and have an opportunity to practise a range of relevant skills
• become proficient in using a coaching assessment form
• explore four learning styles and relate these to the learning cycle
• explore and resolve difficulties impeding goal-attainment
• understand the importance of keeping a time log to improve time keeping
• troubleshoot obstacles to action plan implementation
ASSIGNMENT & CERTIFICATE
A Centre for Coaching and International Academy certificate is awarded to participants who successfully complete the course and the written assignment.
The trainers include Dr Siobhain O’Riordan, Kasia Szymanska and Nick Edgerton.